Kent Youth & Family Services is currently recruiting for a Program Tutor for our after school program located at Cascade, Birch Creek, and Valli Kee Public Housing Community Centers. This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
- Assist children K through 12th grade with development of their academic skills; specifically reading and math for K through sixth grade. This may be one-on-one or in small groups.
- Assist children and adults with learning English as a second language.
- Assist with planning and implementing academic programs in your assigned community center.
- Navigate online educational tools such as Study Island and Rosetta Stone software.
- Collaborate with school advisors, staff, parents, and child to determine and effectively address student’s needs.
- Network within community to determine needs and resources available for program.
- Maintain required forms and reports.
- Attend monthly staff meetings and trainings as required.
- Two years college or high school diploma/GED and equivalent experience working with youth in an educational environment.
- Must be a mature, responsible and positive role model for children and youth.
- Must have good communication skills and the ability to interact positively with youth, community residents, other staff, and service providers.
- Must be willing to provide direct leadership and supervision of youth during activities.
- Must have or acquire a CPR and first aid certificate.
- Must possess valid WA State driver’s license and have acceptable driving record.
- Experience working with low-income, culturally, and racially diverse youth and families.
- Must successfully pass Washington State Patrol criminal back ground check
- Must be able to travel to meetings and sites.
- Must be able to provide transportation for youth and adults in Agency vans.
- Must be able to work with a large group of youth and withstand increased noise levels.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds.
HOURS & COMPENSATION:
- Monday – Friday, 2:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- $10.00 – $12.00 DOQ.
- Benefits include medical, dental, short term disability, life insurance, pro-rated vacation, sick leave and holiday.
Eligible for agency contribution to 403b after 1 year of service and 1,000 hours.
OPENS: April 25, 2015 CLOSES: When filled.
TO APPLY: Please submit a cover letter and resume to: After-School Program Director, Kent Youth & Family Services, 232 2nd Ave S, #201, Kent WA 98032. Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth & Family Services is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities