The Head Start program and the Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) provide free preschool education and support services to children, three to five years old, and resource referrals and training opportunities for families who meet the income eligibility criteria and who live within the Kent School District Boundaries.
- Preschool curriculum designed for the individual child
- Activities which build self-esteem, social, educational and physical skills
- Atmosphere which honors diversity
- Developmental screenings and referrals
- Small class sizes
- Bus transportation in many areas
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Medical, dental, vision and hearing screenings
- Health, nutrition, and safety education activities
- Family support services and case management
- Parent meetings, groups and classes (trainings based upon the parent’s interests)
- Parent / Guardian education, leadership opportunities, support and program governance
- Community resource and referral information and referrals to community services
- Opportunities for personal growth, empowerment and leadership advocacy
- Job training and employment opportunities
- Parent skill building opportunities
- Information on health and nutrition and child development
10630 SE 204th St Kent, WA 98031 253-852-8005 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
336 2nd Ave S Kent, WA 98032 253-854-8768 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
318 3rd Ave S Kent, WA 98032 253-373-0051 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. 12:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
13111 SE 274th St Kent, WA 98030 253-630-9590 Morning Classes 9:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Afternoon Classes 12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
26915 186th Ave SE Covington, WA 98042 253-373-2679
317 4th Avenue S Kent, WA 98032253-373-7600 8:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. 11:50 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
11310 SE 248th ST Kent, WA 98030253-373-7615 8:50 a.m. – 11:50 a.m. 11:50 a.m. – 2:50 p.m.
Facility Room Rental Opportunities
Meeting room with kitchenette, dividable, 62 people capacity each side.
Contact (253) 630-9590 for prices and availability.
- Family income level must be at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) guidelines for their family size,
- Children three to five years of age,
- Residing or attending daycare within the Kent School District service area.
Families receiving public assistance grants and children in foster care are eligible. To enroll in ECEAP and Head Start programs, children must be three years old by August 31.Priority Enrollments
Enrollment priority is given to children who meet the homeless definition and children who have an Individual Education Plan (IEP) through the local school’s Special Education Department.