The Youth and Family Counseling Program provides professional therapeutic services to children, youth, and their families. We serve ages Infant to 25 years old and their families.

Through individual, family and group sessions youth and families learn healthier ways to manage emotions, conflict and mental health challenges thereby allowing them to function better across environments. The therapeutic services also help individuals learn how to cope with such issues as childhood trauma, family stressors, peer pressure, academic struggles and relationship issues. All therapists strive to provide services that meet the needs of individuals and families in a compassionate, supportive and culturally sensitive manner.

Counseling Topics:

  • Family Stresses and Family Transitions (death, divorce, illness, moves)
  • Behavior Problems
  • Anger Management
  • Depression
  • Childhood Trauma
  • ADHD
  • Anxiety
  • Bi-Polar Disorder
  • Infant Mental Health
  • Family Counseling
  • Parenting Classes

Groups Offered Include:

  • School-Based Groups
  • Dialectical Behavioral Therapy Group


For your convenience, we have included two forms below that are needed to enroll in counseling services. Click on the links to download and print out both forms at home, where you can fill them out at your leisure. Upon completion please send them to the attention of the intake coordinator via fax, mail or in person. Please include copies of your insurance card, front, and back. Upon receipt of these forms, we will contact you in order to schedule your first appointment. If you prefer you can sign up for services in person at the agency, Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.

To sign up for Counseling Services, please click here, print, complete and return the Client Information Sheet.

Release for Counseling Services – Please print, complete and return this form. The Organization Name is your medical insurance provider.

KYFS offers a variety of payment options for treatment. For substance abuse and co-occurring treatment we accept Medicaid (Provider One), private insurances and sliding scale. For those without insurance, the Division of Behavioral Health and Recovery provides funding depending upon your income.  When you call to set up an appointment we can discuss your options with you.</p>


    • Michelle Hurd

      Hello, I am a mentor with the organization, Friends of the children. I work with a young lady who is 13 years old and in need of grief counseling. She lost her father last year to suicide. She has gotten to a place of accepting counseling support and her mother and I would like to talk more with someone about setting that up. Thank you for your help, I look forward to speaking with someone soon.

      • Nathan Box

        Hello Michelle, please call 253-859-0300 for assistance or email for details.

    • Brianna Nashae

      I know sOMeone who tried Commiting suicide 2 or more tImes. Where should i go to get hElp for that person?

      • Nathan Box

        Brianna, here are a few numbers where your friend can get help: She/he can text “Hello” to 741-741 or she/he can call the King County Crisis Line at 1-866-427-4747.


Leave a Comment

Translate »