Kent Youth & Family Services (KYFS) is hiring for a Recreational Site Supervisor. This position is part of our After School Program and is responsible for the daily on-site supervision of recreation activities at their assigned Public Housing Community Center. Plans and implements academic and recreational related programs. Coordinate facility schedule and manage facility operation and maintenance. Works closely with the After-School Program Coordinator in program development and serve as a liaison between housing residents and Kent Youth and Family Services.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to give back to the community. Enjoys working with a diverse group of people. Is dependable and has a desire to make a difference.
- Two years college or equivalent experience working with youth.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and type 30 WPM.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact positively with youth, community residents, service providers, and other staff.
- Have or get a CPR and first aid certificate
- Experience working with low-income, culturally, and racially diverse youth and families.
- Must have valid WA State driver’s license with satisfactory driving record and carry minimum auto insurance coverage.
- Must be able to pass Washington State Patrol criminal background check including fingerprinting.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel to meetings and sites.
- Able to provide transportation for youth and adults in Agency vans.
- Able to work with a large group of youth and withstand increased noise levels.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Physical agility to participate and supervise youth recreational activities.
Job Type: Full-Time or Part-Time
Pay: $15-$17/hr DOE
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
We hire qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.