Kent Youth & Family Services (KYFS) is hiring part-time/on-call After School Tutors. Our tutors assist children ages Kindergarten through grade 12 in the development of their academic skills primarily in math and reading; help children and adults learn English as a second language; and provide academically failing youth opportunities to meet grade level expectations.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to give back to the community. Enjoys working with a diverse group of people. Is dependable and has a desire to make a difference.
- Two years college or equivalent experience working with youth in an educational setting preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact positively with youth, community residents, service providers, and other staff.
- Experience working with low-income, culturally, and racially diverse youth and their families.
- Ability to navigate on-line educuational tools and software.
- Have or get a CPR and first aid certificate
- Valid WA State driver’s license and complete a MVR check.
- Pass a WA State criminal background check.
Monday to Friday between the hours of 11:30am to 8:00pm, working up to 20 hours per week with work on Saturday and Sundays as needed. The eact schedule may vary according to staffing needs and the needs of students. Currently some remote work is available due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Job Type: Part-Time/On-call
Pay: 13.69 per hour
Location: Kent, WA
Closes: When filled
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
We hire qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status, or any factor prohibited by law.