Are you a Substance Abuse Counselor looking for part-time work?
We are hiring a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor to work with youth in the Kent School District. This role will implement a comprehensive student assistance programs to address problems associated with substance abuse, human services, violence, and mental health issues. This position reports to the School Services Supervisor at Kent Youth & Family Services.
Job Title: Substance Abuse Counselor / Prevention and Intervention Specialist, SUDP
Location: Kent, WA
Part-time Position: 2 weekdays a week, 8 hours per day (flexible on schedule)
Flexible Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Benefits: Prorated to include vacation, sick leave, and holiday.
Retirement Plan: Eligible to participate in the 403b
Substance Abuse Counselor Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in a related social services field.
- 2 years’ experience as a Certified SUDP or SUDPT Counselor certified with the WA State Department of Licensing.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other human service-based organizations, mental health counselors, chemical dependency counselors, and child-serving systems.
- Ability to present information and positively connect with the audience in regards to substance abuse, mental health, and human services.
- Experience working within a school setting with an emphasis on violence prevention and/or early intervention, chemical dependency, human services, and/or mental health, preferred.
- Previous substance abuse counseling experience with school-based student assistance programs or youth-based educational support groups preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record with proof of auto insurance required.
Working Conditions for the Substance Abuse Counselor:
Work is performed in an office in a school environment or at the agency. The individual will use a computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of a computer monitor.
Kent Youth and Family Services promotes the healthy development of children, youth, and families in South King County by providing professional counseling/mental health, substance abuse prevention, human services, education, and support services.
The staff of Kent Youth and Family Services has been dedicated to providing services for children and their families for over 49 years.
If you have passion, energy, and a love for helping the community, we’d love to meet you!
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Kent Youth and Family Services considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.