We are hiring a part-time Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee to work with youth in the Kent School District. This role will implement a comprehensive student assistance program to address issues associated with substance abuse, human services, violence, and mental health. This position reports to the School Services Supervisor at Kent Youth & Family Services.
Job Title: Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee
Location: Kent, WA
Part-time Position: 2 weekdays a week, 8 hours per day (flexible on schedule)
Flexible Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Pay: $18-24 per hour, DOE
Benefits: Prorated to include vacation, sick leave, and holiday
Retirement Plan: Eligible to participate in the 403b
Qualifications of the Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee:
- Associates Degree in a related social services field.
- Completion of 45 quarter or 30-semester credits related to substance use disorder professional as outlined on the WA State Department of Health website.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other human service-based organizations, mental health counselors, chemical dependency counselors, and child-serving systems.
- Ability to present information and positively connect with the audience in regards to substance abuse, mental health and human services.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record with proof of auto insurance required.
Working Conditions of the Substance Abuse Counselor Trainee:
Work is performed in an office in a school environment or at the agency. The individual will use a computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of a computer monitor.
Kent Youth and Family Services promotes the healthy development of children, youth, and families in South King County by providing professional counseling/mental health, substance abuse prevention, human services, education, and support services.
The staff of Kent Youth and Family Services has been dedicated to providing services for children and their families for over 49 years.
If you have passion, energy, and a love for helping the community, we’d love to meet you!
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
We hire qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.