We are looking for a Mental Health Therapist to provide mental health and therapeutic therapy to Youth in the Kent School District. Associate Licensure welcome to apply.
If you enjoy working with youth and families and are a licensed mental health therapist, then Kent Youth and Family Services is the company for you.
We value equity and cultural inclusion, mental health, accountability, partnering advocacy, and responsiveness to clients and the community. The staff at Kent Youth and Family Services have been dedicated to providing human services to children and their families for over 49 years!
Job Title: Mental Health Therapist
Location: Kent, WA (Kent School District)
Position Schedule: Full-Time and requires at least two evenings per week
Pay: $40,000 – $55,000/yr (DOE)
Benefits: Excellent medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits offered
QUALIFICATIONS of a Therapist:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or other behavioral health-related fields.
- Licensed in the State of Washington in good standing.
- Knowledge of infant mental health and experience working with families with infants and young children.
- Understanding of attachment theory, development of infants and young children, and interest in using different modalities (dyadic, psychodynamic, family, child play) in therapy
- Ability to provide assessment, therapy, case management, advocacy, and clinical services appropriate for client families.
- Training in PCIT or other parenting programs.
- Effective at working collaboratively with other community-based, mental health organizations, and child-serving systems.
- Appreciation and respect for diversity and cultural/ethnic competency.
- Commitment to serving the needs of infants, children, and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of the agency’s goals and mission.
- CDP, CDPT, or familiarity with SA issues and identification a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Satisfactory completion of any required fingerprinting and criminal background check; valid Washington (or another state) driver’s license and vehicle insurance.
If you have passion, energy, and a commitment to helping the community, we’d love to meet you!
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
We hire qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.