Job Opening: Youth and Family Therapist
If you are passionate about helping youth and families achieve their goals for a better future, then Kent Youth and Family Services is the company for you. We value equity and cultural inclusion, accountability, partnering advocacy, and responsiveness to clients and community. The staff at Kent Youth and Family Services have been dedicated to providing services to children and their families for over 49 years!
We are looking for a dynamic Youth and Family Therapist to provide a range of services and therapeutic treatment to infants, young children and their families.
Job Title: Youth and Family Therapist
Location: Kent, WA
Position Schedule: Full-Time and requires at least two evenings per week
Pay: $40,000 – $55,000/yr (DOE)
Youth and Family Therapist QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology, or other behavioral health-related fields.
- Licensed in the State of Washington in good standing.
- Knowledge of infant mental health and experience working with families with infants and young children.
- Understanding of attachment theory, development of infants and young children, and interest in using different modalities (dyadic, psychodynamic, family, child play) in therapy
- Ability to provide assessment, therapy, case management, advocacy and clinical services appropriate for client families.
- Training in PCIT or other parenting programs.
- Experience and familiarity with Proven Programs, Best Practices, Evidence-based service systems.
- Familiarity with the King County Mental Health System preferred.
- Effective at working collaboratively with other community-based organizations and child-serving systems.
- Appreciation and respect for diversity and cultural/ethnic competency.
- Commitment to serving the needs of infants, children and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of the agency’s goals and mission.
- CDP, CDPT or familiarity with SA issues and identification a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
- Satisfactory completion of any required fingerprinting and criminal background check; valid Washington (or another state) driver license and vehicle insurance.
Kent Youth and Family Services promotes the healthy development of children, youth, and families in South King County by providing professional counseling, education and support services.
The staff of Kent Youth and Family Services has been dedicated to providing services for children and their families for over 49 years.
If you have passion, energy and a love for helping the community, we’d love to meet you!
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Kent Youth and Family Services considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan