Are you a self-motivated SUDPT or a SUDP looking for a fun and energetic job?
Would you enjoy working in a middle school environment?
We are hiring a part-time Prevention and Intervention Specialist to work with youth in the Kent School District. This role will implement a comprehensive student assistance programs to address problems associated with substance abuse, violence, and mental health issues to middle school students. This position reports to the School Services Supervisor at Kent Youth & Family Services.
Job Title: Prevention and Intervention Specialist, SUDPT or SUDP
Location: Kent, WA
Part-time Position: 2 weekdays a week, 8 hours per day (flexible on schedule)
Flexible Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Benefits: Prorated to include vacation, sick leave and holiday.
Retirement Plan: Eligible to participate in the 403b
- Associates Degree in a related social services field.
- 2 years’ experience as a Certified SUDP or SUDPT Counselor certified with the WA State Department of Licensing.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other community-based organizations and child-serving systems.
- Ability to present information and positively connect with the audience.
- Prior work experience working in a school-based program with an emphasis on violence prevention and/or early intervention, alcohol, tobacco and/or other drug prevention and early intervention, and/or mental health, preferred.
- Prior work experience with school-based student assistance programs or youth-based educational support groups, preferred.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and fingerprinting.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record with proof of auto insurance required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES:
Work is performed in an office in a school environment or at the agency. The individual will use a computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of a computer monitor.
Kent Youth and Family Services promotes the healthy development of children, youth, and families in South King County by providing professional counseling, education and support services.
The staff of Kent Youth and Family Services has been dedicated to providing services for children and their families for over 49 years.
If you have passion, energy and a love for helping the community, we’d love to meet you!
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
Kent Youth and Family Services considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- working with children 0-5: 1 year (Preferred)
- early intervention or similar field: 1 year (Preferred)
- special education: 1 year (Preferred)
- 403(b): 1 year (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan