Kent Youth and Family Services is recruiting for a Mental Health Manager to provide supervision to interns and licensed therapists and therapists working towards licensure, as well as providing assessment and therapeutic treatment to youth and families in Kent School District both at the schools and at the Agency.
• Provides and is responsible for the clinical supervision to interns, licensed therapists and therapists working towards licensure.
• Prepares and/ or coordinates written performance evaluations for staff and interns.
• Coordinates client assignment for intake assessment and diagnosis, as well as individual, group, and family counseling.
• Oversees and monitors clinical record keeping and reports
• Coordinates intake, assessment and therapy to children, adolescents and families at the agency and in school settings.
• Maintain all paperwork/EMR systems associated with therapeutic services as required by County and State regulations.
• Seek continuing education and training related to providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and families.
• Be available and respond to telephone intakes and crisis calls.
• Provide consultations to other agency programs when requested.
• Ability to work collaboratively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Supports the Quality Assurance implementation and file review process.
• Assists with related grant and contract management.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Clinical Programs.
• LMHC or equivalent in the State of Washington and in good standing.
• Master’s degree in behavioral health field and licensed in the State of Washington.
• Two years relevant supervisory responsibility/experience.
• Proven skills working with youth and families in individual, family and group settings.
• Experience and familiarity with Proven Programs, Best Practices, Evidence-based service systems.
• Familiarity with the King County Mental Health System preferred.
• Effective at working collaboratively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Appreciation and respect for diversity.
• Commitment to serving the needs of youth and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of the agency’s goals and mission.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Satisfactory completion of any required criminal background checks including fingerprinting and satisfactory driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Work is performed in an office and school environment with extensive periods of time sitting. Individual will use computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of computer terminal. Able to stand for periods of time during group facilitation. Flexible schedule including some evening hours required.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
• Full-time, exempt position.
• Benefit package offered including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability and life insurance, vacation and sick leave. Eligible for agency contribution to 403b retirement plan after one year of service.
• In accordance with Kent Youth and Family Services wage structure and based upon qualifications.
POSTION OPENS: May 11, 2019
Position Closes: Until Filled
Cover letter and resume to (mail, fax, e-mail):
Kent Youth and Family Services
Attn: Behavioral Health Services
232 2nd Ave S, Ste 201
Kent, WA 98032
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer