The CDP provides assessment, diagnosis, and individual, group, family and case management treatment services to youth and families in an outpatient/school based setting.
- Provide outpatient substance abuse counseling to adolescents and their families.
- Administer GAIN assessments as assigned.
- Enter client information into EMR system meeting required timelines.
- Enter EMR into Sigmund.
- Facilitate treatment groups for assigned youth.
- Provide case management for assigned youth.
- Complete all progress notes and required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Attend and participate in all staff meetings, clinical consultations and in-service trainings.
- Seek continuing education and training to maintain state certification and/or related to providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents and families.
- Provide consultation to other agency programs when requested.
- Respond when needed and available to client crisis calls and telephone intakes.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Registered with the State of Washington as a Chemical Dependency Professional or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee in good standing. Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred
- GAIN Certified.
- One year experience working with youth and families in individual, family and group settings.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management to meet deadlines.
- Satisfactory completion of Washington State Criminal background check.
- Commitment to serving adolescents and families and building a strong clinical program at Kent Youth and Family Services.
- Satisfactory driving record.
- Satisfactory completion of any required finger printing and criminal background check; valid Washington (or other state) driver license and vehicle insurance.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Work is performed in an office with extensive periods of time sitting. Individual will use computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of computer terminal. Periods of standing during group facilitation may be required. Able to lift 10 lbs.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- Full-time, non-exempt position.
- Some evening hours required.
- Benefits include vacation, sick leave and holiday. Eligible for 403b retirement plan after one year of service and 1,000 hours during plan year.
- In accordance with Kent Youth and Family Services wage structure and based upon qualifications.
POSTION OPENS: August 1, 2019
Position Closes: Until Filled
Cover letter and resume to:
(Mail, fax, e-mail)
Kent Youth and Family Services
Attn: SUD, Treatment Program Supervisor
232 2nd Ave S, Ste 201
Kent, WA 98032
Or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Or Fax: 253-373-9441
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer