Kent Youth and Family Services, a private non-profit agency, which provides services for youth and their families in Kent, Covington and South King County, is seeking candidates for the position of Parent Child Interaction Therapy Lead.
Reports to: Clinical Director, Behavioral Health Programs
• Provide Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) at the agency. Specific directive therapy which uses audio/visual live coaching of evidenced based therapeutic interventions during session.
• Provide consultation to interns and staff about using PCIT tools in therapeutic work.
• Attend PCIT Conference annually
• Do outreach with local healthcare providers, schools and others to discuss appropriate referrals for PCIT.
• Maintain certification for PCIT and attend annual conference for continuing education.
• Provide Incredible Years Baby and Basic Group Parenting Classes – includes consultation and certification
• Complete training hours and Reflective Supervision towards Infant Mental Health Specialization for State of Washington (WA-AIMH)
• Provide assessment, case management, treatment planning, and advocacy.
• Maintain paperwork associated with therapeutic services.
• Enter client information into EMR system meeting required timelines.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, clinical consultations, and in-service trainings.
• Provide consultations to other agency programs when requested.
• Work collaboratively with other community supports, childcare, school staff, and child servicing systems.
REQUIRED EDCUATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology or a related field.
3 years (36 months) experience in marriage and family therapy (work as an intern under the supervision of a licensed therapist is acceptable)
Washington State licensure as a Marriage and Family Therapist or Mental Health Counselor.
Valid driver’s license.
Satisfactory completion of fingerprinting and criminal background check.
• Work is performed in a normal, private office setting in proximity to reporting staff. Requires concentration for long periods of time and may be interrupted multiple times throughout the day.
• This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
• Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
• Minimal lifting or climbing.
• Full-time, exempt position.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick leave and holiday, agency contribution to 403b after one year and 1,000 hours of service.
TO APPLY: Send Cover Letter and Resume to KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer