Kent Youth and Family Services is seeking a Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for the effective operation of the agency human resources and administrative functions in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local labor regulations and standards.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
• Conducts on-boarding of new staff which includes conducting orientations, enrolling in applicable benefits, creating personnel file and setting up in payroll system.
• Process required background check through WA State Patrol and I-9 in E-Verify systems. Follow-up with any discrepancies.
• Prepare and review payroll semi-monthly in coordination with Administrative Assistant/AP Coordinator. Updates and maintains payroll records in payroll system.
• Coordinates employee health benefits, evaluations and salary adjustments, maintaining all required documentation in personnel file for licensure and trainings.
• Process unemployment and L&I claims, FMLA/other leaves, and annual EEOC report.
• Act as Plan Administrator for 403b retirement plan enrolling eligible staff; processing distributions as required; and completing and submitting 5500SF and 8955-SSA.
• Annually review the employment benefit package and liability/property insurance with Executive Director providing staff census and current agency staffing and property information to broker.
• Prepare/assist with job postings, job descriptions and hire letters. Place job openings on various job sites.
• Coordinate required and additional trainings for supervisors and staff.
• Update the Employee Handbook with proper application/implementation of all personnel policies and procedures.
• Advise on human resources policy and program issues staying current on legal HR developments.
• Responds to all appropriate/valid requests for personnel information for KYFS staff, current and former.
• Process all necessary paperwork for terminating staff including conducting exit interview.
• Prepare and renew annual state behavioral health license, state Master license, business licenses, state tax exempt report, and Annual Report for Non-profits.
• Update insurance panel information and complete new applications allowing agency to accept private insurance clients.
• Responsible for maintenance of Titus Building and grounds, office space and equipment, IT and agency vans and solicitation of bids for major projects.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
• Supervise Administrative staff and contributing member of Management Team.
• Assist and represents Executive Director when needed.
• AA in human resources or related field of study or HR certification program.
• PHR, SCHM or a willingness to pursue HR credential/certificate a plus.
• Two to three years progressive human resources experience in non-profit, social service or public agency preferred.
• Experience managing benefit plans, oversight of unemployment, L&I, 403B (or 401K) administration.
• Excellent organizational and people skills including attention to detail.
• Work as part of a team a must and able to work independently.
• Administration and facilities management preferred.
• Appreciation and respect for diversity and agency culture with commitment to developing cultural competency.
• Satisfactory completion of any required finger printing and criminal background checks.
• Valid Washington driver’s license, acceptable driving record, personal automobile for use of job related transportation, current auto insurance meeting minimum Washington vehicle insurance requirements.
• Eligible for employment in the United States.
• Work is performed in a normal, private office setting. Frequent interruptions of work.
• This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
• Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
• Minimal lifting or climbing.
• Full Time Equivalent.
• Salary range $50,000 to $63,000 DOE.
• Benefit package includes vacation, sick leave, holiday, medical, dental, vision and short term disability/life insurance. Eligible for 403b retirement after one year and 1,000 hours of services.
Opens: September 6, 2017
Closes: September 15, 2017 or When filled
Mail cover letter and resume to:
232 2nd Ave S, #201
Kent, WA 98032
or Fax: 253-373-9441
or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer