Kent Youth and Family Services is recruiting for a part-time Youth and Family Therapist to provide mental health assessment and therapeutic treatment to infants, young children and families in the Kent School District both in schools and at the agency. This position reports to the Director, Clinical Health Programs.
• Provide intake, assessment and individual, family or group therapy to infants, young children, and families at the agency and in school settings.
• Enter client information into EMR system meeting required timelines.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, clinical consultations and in-service trainings.
• Seek continuing education and training related to providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and families.
• Stated interest in clinical work and work towards licensure in chosen field.
• Be available and respond to telephone intakes and crisis calls.
• Provide consultations to other agency programs when requested.
• Work effectively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology or other behavioral health related field.
• Registration with the State of Washington as a counselor in good standing.
• Proven skills working with children and families in individual, family and group settings.
• Clinical experience and training in infant mental health and reflective practice.
• Training in PCIT or other parenting programs a plus.
• Experience and familiarity with Proven Programs, Best Practices, Evidence-Based service systems.
• Familiarity with the King County Mental Health System preferred.
• Effective at working collaboratively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Appreciation and respect for diversity and cultural/ethnic competency.
• Commitment to serving the needs of children, youth and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of the agency’s goals and mission.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• Satisfactory completion of any required fingerprinting and criminal background check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record with proof of auto insurance required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Work is performed in an office in school environment or at agency with extensive periods of time sitting. Individual will use computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of computer terminal.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
• Part-time, non-exempt position.
• Some evening hours required.
• Benefits include prorated vacation, sick leave and holiday. Eligible for 403b retirement plan after one year of service and 1,000 hours during plan year.
• In accordance with Kent Youth and Family Services wage structure and based upon qualifications.
POSTION OPENS: August 23, 2017
Position Closes: September 8, 2017 or until filled
Cover letter and resume to (mail, fax, e-mail):
Kent Youth and Family Services
Attn: Director, Clinical Services
232 2nd Ave S, Ste 201
Kent, WA 98032
or Fax: 253-373-9441
or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer