Kent Youth and Family Services, a private non-profit agency, which provides services for youth and their families in Kent, Covington and South King County, is seeking candidates for the position of Director of Development and Community Relations.
This position is responsible to the Executive Director for the effective development and securing of designated and undesignated funds as well as coordinating communication in the community regarding Kent Youth and Family Services. As a staff member of Kent Youth and Family Services, the Fund Development/Community Relations Director supports the mission of KYFS, its programs’ goals and services in the community, and demonstrates a commitment to KYFS by developing and implementing fund development and community relations activities.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
• Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all private fundraising activities and development of community relations activities including, but not limited to: KYFS Annual Event, Major Gifts, Corporate Relations and gifting to KYFS, Community and Civic Giving. This position will personally solicit financial contributions from individuals, civic organizations, corporate and local businesses.
• Work with the Executive Director to develop an annual plan for ensuring funding support for KYFS to be approved by the Board of Directors, including community awareness of Kent Youth and Family Services, its programs and services, to the maximum extent that agency available resources allow.
• Organizes and produces, in collaboration with Kent Youth and Family Services program management staff, its various contract providers and agency volunteers, all promotional materials, i.e. agency annual report, newsletters, brochures, social media and regularly sends press releases and/or public service announcements to the print and broadcast media.
• Provides information to community groups and organizations upon request and/or as needed to promote Kent Youth and Family Services’ programs and services.
• Work with the Executive Director and Fundraising Committee in developing, planning and carrying out specific fundraising activities with the approval of the Board of Directors.
• Develops, submits and follows up on specific requests to community organizations, businesses and individuals for funding in accordance with an annual fund development plan.
• Identifies and pursues in-kind resources which support agency goals and objectives.
• Public speaking on behalf of the agency, serving as an ambassador for KYFS by attending and/or participating in service clubs, Chamber of Commerce and Kent Downtown Partnership activities and community forums, open houses, trade shows and speaking engagements.
• Initiate and maintain relationships and contacts with the local print and broadcast media for the purpose of extending the support and fundraising success of KYFS activities.
• Participates in the Kent Youth and Family Services Management Team.
• Maintains and updates the Kent Youth and Family Services website, as well as its various social media channels.
• Other activities as assigned by the Executive Director for the purpose of expanding financial, in-kind and general community support for Kent Youth and Family Services’ programs and services.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Experience in fund development and community relations.
• Understanding of Moves Management System
• Successful experience coordinating and securing funds through utilization of multiple fundraising strategies.
• Bachelors of Arts degree in appropriate or related area of study.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks inside and outside the agency.
• Excellent oral, written and public speaking skills.
• Planning and time management skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Desired knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
• Desired knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and WordPress
• Appreciation for and respect of diversity, social justice and equity.
• Commitment to developing personal, professional and agency cultural competence.
• Related experience with non-profit environments and/or volunteer experience.
• Committed to serving the needs of youth and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of Kent Youth and Family Services’ mission and program goals.
Additional consideration will be given in lieu of all required education and experience for experience in related fields of working with children and families.
• Satisfactory completion of any required finger printing and criminal background checks.
• Valid Washington driver’s license, acceptable driving record, personal automobile for use of job related transportation, current auto insurance meeting minimum Washington vehicle insurance requirements.
• Must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone.
• Eligible for employment in the United States.
• Full-time, exempt position.
• In accordance with the agency’s salary structure and based on DOQ.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick leave and holiday, agency contribution to 403b after one year and 1,000 hours of service.
OPENING DATE: August 4, 2017 CLOSING DATE: August 18, 2017 or when filled.
SEND COVER LETTER, RESUME AND 3 REFRENCES TO:
Kent Youth & Family Services
232 South 2nd Avenue, Suite 201
Kent, WA 98032
or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
or Fax: 253-373-9441
Kent Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer