Kent Youth and Family Services is seeking a Chemical Dependency Professional or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee to provide GAIN assessments, diagnosis, and individual, group, family and case management services to youth and families in the Kent School District. This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position.
REPORTS TO: Substance Abuse Disorder Program Manager
• Provide outpatient substance abuse counseling to adolescents and their families.
• Administer GAIN assessments as assigned.
• Enter client information into EMR system meeting required timelines.
• Facilitate treatment groups for assigned youth.
• Provide case management for assigned youth.
• Work as a team member of a school building staff/faculty.
• Complete all progress notes and required paperwork in a timely manner.
• Seek continuing education and training related to maintain state certification
• Provide consultation to other agency programs when requested.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, clinical consultations and in-service trainings.
• Respond when needed and be available for client crisis calls and telephone intakes.
• Other duties as assigned by Substance Abuse Program Manager.
• Registered with the State of Washington as Chemical Dependency Professional or Chemical Dependency Professional Trainee. Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Counseling, or related field preferred.
• GAIN certified.
• Two years of experience working with youth and families in individual, family and group settings preferred.
• Time management skills to meet deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Commitment to serving adolescents and families and building a strong clinical program at Kent Youth and Family Services.
• Satisfactory completion of Washington State Criminal background check including fingerprinting.
• Satisfactory driving record.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed in an office environment with extensive periods of time sitting. Individual will use computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of computer monitor. May require standing for during group facilitation. Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
HOURS/SALARY: This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week. Flexible schedule including some evenings. Position is not eligible for medical, dental, short-term disability, life insurance. Benefits include prorated vacation, sick leave and holiday as well as agency contribution to 403b retirement plan after one year and 1,000 hours of service. Wage DOQ.
Opens: August 11, 2017
CLOSING DATE: When filled
Mail cover letter and resume to:
232 2nd Ave S, #201
Kent, WA 98032
or Fax: 253-373-9441
or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer