Kent Youth and Family Services is recruiting for a full-time Youth and Family Therapist, GAIN certified CDPT to provide mental health assessment and therapeutic treatment to children and families in the Kent School District. This position will provide services half time at an alternative high school and GAIN assessments at the agency and local schools. This position reports to the Director, Behavioral Health Services and Substance Abuse Disorder Program Manager.
• Provide intake, assessment and individual, family or group therapy to children and families at an alternative high school in the Kent School District.
• Enter client information into EMR system meeting required timelines.
• Attend and participate in all staff meetings, clinical consultations and in-service trainings.
• Seek continuing education and training related to providing therapeutic services to children, adolescents, and families.
• Stated interest in clinical work and work towards licensure in chosen field.
• Be available and respond to telephone intakes and crisis calls.
• Provide consultations to other agency programs when requested.
• Work effectively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Counseling, Psychology or other behavioral health related field.
• Two years of experience as a youth and family therapist or equivalent preferred.
• Registration with the State of Washington as a counselor in good standing.
• GAIN certified/CDPT or required to acquire CDPT and become GAIN certified upon hire.
• Proven skills working with children and families in individual, family and group settings.
• Experience and familiarity with Proven Programs, Best Practices, Evidence-Based service systems.
• Familiarity with the King County Mental Health System preferred.
• Effective at working collaboratively with other community based organizations and child serving systems.
• Appreciation and respect for diversity and cultural/ethnic competency.
• Commitment to serving the needs of children, youth and families and in working with a broad array of community groups in support of the agency’s goals and mission.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Satisfactory completion of any required fingerprinting and criminal background check; valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record with proof of auto insurance required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Work is performed in an office in school environment or at agency with extensive periods of time sitting. Individual will use computer requiring hand/wrist/finger movement and viewing of computer terminal.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
• Full-time, exempt position.
• Some evening hours required.
• Benefit package includes medical, dental, vision. Eligible for 403b retirement plan after one year of service and 1,000 hours during plan year. Vacation, sick leave and holiday.
• In accordance with Kent Youth and Family Services wage structure and based upon qualifications.
POSTION OPENS: July 7, 2017
Position Closes: When filled
Cover letter and resume to:
Kent Youth and Family Services
Attn: Mental Health Program Mgr
232 2nd Ave S, Ste 201
Kent, WA 98032
or Fax: 253-373-9441
or Email: KYFSHR@kyfs.org
Kent Youth and Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer