Kent Youth & Family Services is currently accepting applications for a full-time position in the Early Learning Program. This position is responsible for providing comprehensive mental health, social services, and parent involvement opportunities to assist families in identifying and achieve their goals.
• Provide outreach to low income families in-order to recruit program participants based upon Federal eligibility guidelines.
• Carry out enrollment duties, conducting family appointments and insuring completion of required paperwork.
• Facilitate orientation meetings with parents to inform them of their responsibilities, opportunities and rights while encouraging their participation in the Head Start program.
• Assist parents in identifying their families’ strengths and needs, setting family goals, and encouraging them to meet these needs.
• Act as an advocate for parents providing appropriate referrals for services through developing partnerships with service providers for counseling, health and dental care, and emergency assistance or intervention.
• Coordinate and encourage parent participation in leadership groups, parent meetings, as program volunteers, and Puget Sound-ESD opportunities including Policy Council.
• Conduct parent visits with each family to provide social services referrals, family support, and training.
• Develop monthly parent education opportunities based upon parent input including parenting skills, child development, and health and social service advocacy.
• Maintain accurate written and computerized reports in a confidential manner.
• Participate as an active team member in interdisciplinary planning for children and families, and other cross-component coordination and training opportunities.
• MA in Social Work, Family Services, Counseling, Early Learning, Education, Health, Human Services, or related field (see below) +1 year case management with diverse families of low-income.
• BA in Social Work, Family Services, Counseling, Early Learning, Education, Health, Human Services, or related field (see below) +2 years case management with diverse families of low-income.
• AA in Social Work, Family Services, Counseling, Early Learning, Education, Health, Human with diverse families of low-income.
• Related fields with 30 job related credits- Psychology, Sociology, Social Justice, and certain Human Development programs.
• Proof of physical examination, including TB screening. If positive, chest x-ray or doctor’s statement.
• Obtain First Aid, CPR, and Food Handler’s card within 90 days of hire and keep current.
• Completion of a successful criminal history and fingerprinting background check.
• Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license and proof of adequate insurance coverage.
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet family scheduling needs. Some evenings meetings are required, at least once a month.
• Must be able to travel to family home visits in personal vehicle and provide transportation for parents and children in Agency vans.
• Must be able to fill in as a Bus Monitor, assisting children with getting on and off the bus and performing emergency procedures, when necessary.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
1. Ability to identify family strengths and plan/advoate around family goals.
2. Competence in planning, organizing, scheduling, recordkeeping, and oral & written communication.
3. Ability to relate effectively with children, families, community members, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
4. Ability to build relationships and collaborate with other community agencies.
5. Interest and ability to advocate with and on behalf of low-income, diverse families.
COMPENSATION: Based upon qualifications and experience utilizing the Early Learning salary scale. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance and short-term disability. Eligible for Agency contribution to 403b after one year and 1,000 of service during plan year.
CLOSING DATE: July 24, 2017 or when filled.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants request an application from the receptionist at 253-859-0300 or on-line at KYFS.org and then mail cover letter, resume, and completed application to:
Theresa LaRonde, Early Learning Director
Kent Youth & Family Services, 232 Second Ave South, Suite 201, Kent WA 98032
email@example.com, or fax 253-630-9733
KYFS IS COMMITTED TO HIRING PERSONS OF DIVERSE BACKGROUNDS