Kent Youth and Family Services, a private non-profit agency which provides services for youth and their families in Kent, Covington and South King County, is looking for a Director of Finance and Administration.
The Director of Finance and Administration is a member of the Kent Youth & Family Services management team and is responsible for the financial management and business administration of the agency.
Operating as a staff member of Kent Youth & Family Services, the Director of Finance and Administration provides leadership and oversight, meeting the financial integrity of the agency and providing agency services to youth and families with accountability to a diverse community.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
• Oversight of agency financial plans and policies, its internal fiscal controls, and the maintenance and retention of its financial records.
• Responsible for all aspects of AR/AP, GL, budget development and monitoring.
• Supervises all aspects of accounting staff, minimally, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable and Administration staff.
• Maintain general ledger through journal entries, account reconciliation, chart of accounts and budgets.
• All activities involved in production of timely, accurate financial statements for review by Finance Committee and management including staffing monthly Finance meeting.
• Bank reconciliation, cash management, and monitor cash reserves.
• Manage and act as liaison for the annual independent A133 audit and IRS 990 filing, including preparation of required schedules and documentation.
• Assures contract compliance with all elements of administrative requirements, financial, invoicing, data reporting.
• Work collaboratively and collegially with individual Program Directors toward maximum financial and administrative program performance designing process improvements to improve efficiency(s) and reduce costs.
• Complete and/or assist with contract and grant applications.
• Prepare and submit Employee Giving Campaign applications, quarterly L&I reports, 5500-SF and 8955-SSA for 403b retirement plan and State mandated reports and renewals.
• Update insurance panel information and complete new applications allowing agency to accept private insurance clients.
• Responsible for maintenance of Titus building and grounds, office space and equipment, IT and vans including solicitation of bids for major projects.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with funders and vendors.
• Review and manage the liability/property insurance and monitor program leases.
• In collaboration with Human Resource Manager, review employee benefit plans.
• Review and approve Finance and Administration expenses.
• Keep current on non-profit financial and accounting best practices.
• Assist and represent Executive Director as needed.
• Demonstrate sensitivity and responsiveness to cultural differences and a commitment to the value of cultural competency.
• Participate as a member of KYFS Management Team.
• Other duties as applicable, evolve or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or closely related field.
• 5 years non-profit financial management experience and/or progressive accounting and management experience in an aligned economic sector.
• Knowledge and experience using accounting software and spreadsheets. CYMA a plus.
• Maintain confidentiality a must.
• Organizational and people skills. Confidentiality a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience working with and appreciation for diverse populations. Acceptance of a variety of lifestyles, behaviors, and cultural and spiritual practices.
• Commitment to developing cultural competency.
• Any certificates, licenses, professional affiliations related to finance, accounting.
• Satisfactory completion of any required finger printing and criminal background checks.
• Valid Washington driver’s license, acceptable driving record, personal automobile for use of job related transportation, current auto insurance meeting minimum Washington vehicle insurance requirements.
• Must speak clearly using the English language to accurately convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone.
• Eligible for employment in the United States.
• Work is performed in a normal, private office setting. Frequent interruptions of work.
• This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment, and the ability to sit and to use a computer for significant periods of time.
• Generally good working conditions with little or no exposure to extremes in noises, temperature.
• Minimal lifting or climbing.
• Full-time, exempt position sometimes requiring evening and/or weekend hours.
• Salary in accordance with the Kent Youth & Family Services salary structure and DOE.
• Benefits include medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, vacation, sick leave and holiday, agency contribution to 403b after one year of service.
OPENING DATE: March 5, 2017
CLOSING DATE: March 17, 2017 or when filled.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO: Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Kent Youth & Family Services
232 South 2nd Avenue, Suite 201
Kent, WA 98032
Kent Youth & Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer